Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do You Coupon?

Last night I was intrigued by TLC's show Extreme Couponing.  I watched in amazement as each person was able to buy hundreds of dollars worth of items and saving more than 90% on their purchases.

When we first married I tried couponing.  But I was buying things that we didn't use right away and I certainly didn't pair them with any sales so was I really saving money? My husband didn't think so, so I gave up on it.

However, since becoming a SAHM, I decided to try my hand at it again. I'm certainly not saving hundreds to thousands of dollars as the couponing queens, but I'm happy when I don't buy something at full price. There are a few times that I have been able to purchase children's clothing by buying something on sale while using my $10 off coupon and spending less than $5 on a quality clothes. I was able to buy a nice children's 3-in-1 jacket for less than $5 for my son's winter jacket that he wore this year and will probably be able to wear next winter as well. Not bad.

Now in watching the show, I saw that these coupon dynamos have ginormous stashes of various items.  I don't have the room to store all of these items, but I'm wondering if they aren't onto something. I actually looked at the coupons that came in my weekly local paper. I also looked at one store's sale circular, if I had the time, I might be able to save a few dollars here and there. I might give it a try.

Do you coupon? Do you think it's worth it? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment