Friday, November 8, 2013

One on One Time

The day after Halloween was quiet, drizzly, dreary day. A perfect day for sleeping in. Boogie did not have school that day, but Buggy did. I debated whether or not to wake the children and bring her to school. They were all sleeping so soundly I did not have the heart to wake them.  However, I did need to go to Mass that day and the question was do I bring 2 or do I bring all 3?  I posted on Facebook about whether or not to wake the kids to bring Buggy to school. The consensus was to let everyone sleep.  Of course, right after I posted, Buggy woke up.

I still debated and she and I talked about the benefits of staying home.  We chatted about the benefits of going to school.  She and I enjoyed a leisurely morning. I made her a nice hot breakfast and told her she could have anything she wanted. We made omelets and tea and enjoyed an hour together before the boys woke up.

After the boys woke up I fed them and made everyone get dressed. I drove Buggy to school an hour late and took the boys to Mass.

I reveled in the quiet morning with my girl. We spent some nice one on one time, which is becoming rare because she attends school 4 days a week now.  We chatted, made breakfast together, and enjoyed have a "girls" morning. Just us.

As each of my kids become older and attend school I find that I covet these rare days that I get to spend with any of them one on one.  I know I say it all the time, but time flies and it goes way too quickly.  There will be a time that they won't want me to kiss them in front of their peers, volunteer at their school, or just be around.  I hope that's not true, but it may be. So I treasure this time. To sit, to talk, to sip tea, and to just be. May I never forget my time with them and may they always look back remember that I love them and that I treasure my time with them. Even if I am a little grumpy when I'm trying to get them all out the door on time ;)

Just the Girls

My Sweet Buggy

No comments:

Post a Comment