|Happy Birthday to me :)|
This is a big year for me. I am at my lowest weight since being pregnant for the first time. Yeah, it's only taken me 7(!) years to finally get rid of the baby weight from all 3 kids. Not only have I lost the weight I have discovered a passion for running. And, no, I'm not being chased!
|Blessed beyond measure|
And now at 35, I am running in my first half-marathon. WHAT? That's right. You heard me, I'm running in my first half-marathon. This chubby little girl in her 30's has fallen in love with running and ran 13.1 miles last Sunday. How did I fall into that? Well, my seat mate on the bus to the first leg of the marathon relay in October told me about this race and told me the registration date. She planted the seed in my head and I talked about it for months. After overcoming a few more injuries (a calf strain and hip pain) that took a couple of months to heal completely, I decided to start training keeping my eye on the registration. Finally last month after a conversation with my husband he told me to go for it. I was already training as if I was registered why not just do it. So I did. And did you see that? You better take a look because that was pigs flying. Never in a million years did I ever believe that I would sign up for that kind of crazy. I will definitely write a later post about that experience, because it was awesome.
So at 35, where am I in my life?
- I am a stay at home mommy to my three children ages 7, 4, and 2. I have been blessed to be home with my kids for the last 4+ years.
- I am a wife to my amazing husband and I have been married for almost a dozen years.
- I am still trying to find my career calling. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I was a teacher, my husband thinks I'll be a teacher again. I'm taking classes to keep up my certification, so maybe he's right.
- I'm still writing, but not as often as I would like. Does that still make me a writer, even if it is done causally?
- I am a runner. Overhearing your daughter tell her friend, "My mommy is a runner" kind of makes it official.
- I continue to make baby blankets and full length afghans for family and friends.
- I volunteer at my son's school and in different ministries at church and I love being a part of each volunteer opportunity.
- Somewhere in there I try to be a friend to my friends, though I know that I am falling down on the job because I am almost never home and my hours are crazy (I'm up by
4am4:30am and I collapse by 8pm and try to eek out more time in my day by staying up just a little bit later).
- And finally, I am imperfect and I am thankful for God's grace and forgiveness.