Monday, July 25, 2011

Celebration of Life

1For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die...4a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2, 4)


This weekend has been about celebrating life.

Late last week I heard that a family friend passed away. While I mourn her passing, I am also celebrating her life. She was an incredible woman who had a heart for serving others. She did it in such a way that was never forceful, but quietly done, and greatly missed now that it's no longer here.  She is and was a great example of how to love others unconditionally. At her funeral service today, many paid their respects. While we are mourning a life gone, the theme for the funeral was celebration. Yes, celebration. It's what she would have wanted. We were asked to wear bright colors, especially purple if we had it.  Shar went home to her Savior and is dancing at his feet.  The song, "I Can Only Imagine" has a new meaning for me.

In the same breath I am celebrating the birth of a new life. My best friend gave birth to her third baby, her first son.  I cried when I got the message and I cried when I held him because of all the love I already have for him. He is beautiful and perfect.  He is my littlest one's best friend.  So I celebrate his life and to the wonder of his birth.  I marvel at his existence. One day he was snug in his mother's womb and today he is with us. How beautiful. How blessed I am to be a part of his life.

It's the circle of life isn't it? With each passing there is a birth. Life continues. We celebrate a life well lived and life yet to live.

Peace to you and your family, Shar, as you journey home. We miss you dearly.

Welcome to the world Baby Z! You are so loved and we rejoice in your birth. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment