Tuesday, November 8, 2011

This is What I Call Sexy

Sometimes a way to a woman's heart is not jewelry, flowers, or even chocolate...sometimes it's when our significant others see through the turmoil and craziness of the day and lend a hand when it's least expected.  (Though, Hubby, if you are reading this, I wouldn't say no to a new pair of earrings or a pair of new shoes!)

But seriously, sometimes what makes me fall more madly in love with my husband (if that's even possible) is when he lends a hand when I least expect it. We both have our list of chores and "to-do"s and we go through our usual routines. 

But when my hubby steps outside his usual routines and chores and helps me with one of mine, "wow!" It seems that with a new baby the chores have gotten a little harder to complete and my energy isn't what it used to be. I blame old age for my energy level.  I've also been preoccupied late with other things and I have been putting my energy and time in trying to help my extended family with job interviews, applications, etc.  I don't mind doing it, but since it's a new routine, it shifts what I've been able to do.  It's appears being preoccupied makes me tired even if I'm not actively doing something.

But anyhow, I was sitting back one night crocheting and watching television when my husband came down the stairs with a basket of clean laundry and started folding clothes. He had already put the kids to bed and cleaned up after dinner.  I was touched that he saw through the craziness of my days and decided on his own accord to help me with the laundry when all I wanted to do was chill out after another busy day with the kids. That's what I call sexy!

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect...and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. (1 Peter 3:7)

1 comment: