Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Let Me Be As Christ to You"

Hubby and I just celebrated our 10 wedding anniversary.  We've been together almost 15 years. We met in college and became friends. On my 19th birthday while I was working in the college library reshelving books, he approached me in a Superman t-shirt and said, "Hello Lois."  He asked me on a date and on my 19th birthday we began a relationship that has continued into marriage.

Our wedding theme was, "See Ye First the Kingdom of God." It was my prayer in college to seek God first before anything else.  When I did, he blessed me with a Christian man who later became my husband.

I'm not the easiest person to get along with. I have a temper, I think I am always right, I'm quite stubborn, and I am passionate about goals, life, and the way I think things should be. But my husband sees through it all, and still finds me to be one he has wanted to be with for the rest of his life. I'm blessed.

My husband is quite stubborn as well.  He thinks he is always right and rolls his eyes when I come up another scheme for something or other (volunteer coordinator, writing the MOPs newsletter, etc). Yet as frustrating as he can be, he is still the one I want by my side for the rest of my life.

"Seek Ye First" was sung before I walked down the aisle. Friends of ours sang "The Servant Song" as part of our wedding Mass. And we danced to Alison Krauss's "When You Say Nothing At All" for our first dance.

Music is a part of our lives and I often feel that it echoes the thoughts and emotions that I have on a daily basis. In The Servant Song it reminds us to serve on another through life and "to have the grace to let you be my servant too."  And in When You Say Nothing At All the line that resonates with me is "the touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall."

Dear Superman,

Thank you for choosing me to be your wife. Let us continue to seek God first in our marriage. Please allow me to be your servant and I pray that God grants me the grace to let you be my servant, too.  Thank you for always catching me whenever I fall. You say it best when you say nothing at all. I love you!

Love, Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment