Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still Here

Well I guess the baby wasn't ready. I'm home and there's no baby.  I was so sure that he would arrive yesterday. I mean it was a Wednesday and there was a full moon. Wasn't he supposed to arrive?

With that being said, I'm glad he didn't arrive yesterday. I was hit by a wicked cold Tuesday afternoon. And while I felt okayish throughout the day on Wednesday, it definitely got worse by bedtime. I went to bed early and tossed and turned most of the night.  I'm up early today because I can't sleep anymore, I'm just so congested.  I'm hoping that some more rest, lots of lemon tea, orange juice, and water will help this cold go away. I feel like I've had 3 of them in the last 4-5 weeks. One right after the other. I think Bug and I are swapping the same cold. She gets it, gives me a bunch of lovin' with her kisses, I get it, give it right back to her, and then she shares the germs with me again.  I'm starting to feel a little better, so maybe going to bed early last night helped.

I was so sure I was going in yesterday that I spent most of the day trying to import a book on CD onto my computer so that I can sync it to my ipod. I didn't realize what a hassle that is.  It took me most of the day to figure out that I did it wrong and most of the afternoon to correct it. I'm still trying to do it this morning. Fingers crossed that this will work. I should've chosen a shorter book. But no, I decided to upload the 28 audio discs to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.  It's taking me forever! But I've got CDs to go before I can figure out how to put it all together for me to listen to later.

But I love the book so if this works, I'll upload her next book.  I like listening to books on CD while I'm crocheting, but this book isn't exactly kid friendly and I can't listen to it with the kids around...which is, of course, all the time. So I thought if I put it on my ipod that would be better.

So I'm still here. It's just another Thursday. I'm taking it easy and hoping I will be less congested by the time the baby arrives. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment