Friday, December 17, 2010

Mother and Son

Yesterday Boogie overheard me having a conversation with a friend about babies and my expectations.  He heard me say to my friend something to the effect of, "I'm not saying it's going to be easy. I remember how hard it was when Boogie was born. How I had a tough time. But Bug was easier and I think I'll be fine with the third."

After I hung up he looked at me and asked, "Why was it so hard? Was I a hard baby? Why did you think it was tough after I was born?"

I honestly told him that he was my first baby, I wasn't sure what I was doing and I wasn't sure I was doing a good job. I wanted to do be a good mommy to him and I was brand new at it.

He looked at my soberly and said, "Well you never have to worry. You are a good mommy. We never have to worry about us."

Me: "Us?"

He grinned: "Yeah, us. We're good together. Everyday remember that you are a good mommy."

Music to my ears.  Thanks, Boogie Man. I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment