Friday, October 29, 2010

Different Timelines and Different Speeds

Do you ever feel that your significant other runs on a completely different timeline or speed?  This morning was one of those days. Hubby is home from work and offered to take Bug's for her  2-yr. check-up and take the Boogie Man with him to give me a relaxing morning. I feel like it was anything but relaxing.

I have a timeline in my head about how long it takes for me to get the kids out of the house. Even with that being known, we still run a few minutes behind. But I feel like if I have somewhere to be, I am always on the go until we get in the car. You know: dress the kids, feed the kids, brush their teeth, put Buggy's hair in a ponytail/pigtails, get socks and shoes on and do a quick check to make sure we have everything we need, and finally get everything that we need for the trip and destination. And now that it's colder, we have to add coats and jackets to the mix.

My beloved, however, runs on a completely different speed. Whereas I am a little frenzied and chaotic, he is methodical and s-l-o-w. . . Well it seems slow to me in comparison to what I do. Now, don't get me wrong, he does get the job done and he does get the kids out the door, but I can't take it! I'm looking at my watch and thinking, they should be done with breakfast by now, they should be brushing their teeth. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the doctor's office, they should be getting their shoes on now. Of course, I'm verbalizing all of this to him and making him upset and I'm upset because I'm afraid they are going to be late. I absolutely hate being late and I feel like I am always 15 minutes behind the clock. Ugh!

Really I should've just taken a step back and let him handle things. It drives me nuts, but he does do it and I should be grateful. But couldn't he move a little faster ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment