Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stuck in the Middle, not so bad....

I guess I showed off my first-born neurotic tendencies in my blog post yesterday in writing about middle children. I'm not good with not knowing, so I have to know everything. If I don't know it, I ask about it and then I analyze it. Oh, boy!

I got a lot of great responses, yesterday, to my post.  Thank you to everyone, who responded!  What it boils down to (and I guess I already knew) is to love each of my children for who they are and what they bring to the table. Each kid will bring his/her own gifts and talents to our family. I will love each one differently, but not any less.  I remember being pregnant with my daughter and wondering how I could love her as much as I love my son. I look at her now and say: How couldn't I love you as much as I do? I love each child so much. They are very different and I love that about them.

Birth order certainly doesn't define a personality (thanks, A), and I will remember to show all of my children that they are loved for who they are (thanks, J), there are certainly middle-children who are fine (thanks, L), and yes, the world needs middle children to make the world go round (thanks, M).  Hubby and I will be the best parents we can be (thanks, R.)  I will continue to  pray for each of my children and I think that is one of the greatest things I can do for them.

The most experience I have had with a middle child is my SIL (sister-in-law). If I had one ounce of her diplomacy I would be a better person and my life would be easier.  She is also an incredible mom who pours her heart into her children making them well rounded, incredible individuals. She's a great example of motherhood. If my Buggy grew up with her diplomacy and heart, that would be a great thing :) (Love you, sis!)

So, as I wrote yesterday's post, I knew that Buggy would be (God-willing) the middle of three kids or the second in a line of four, five, or however many God has planned for us. Hubby and I have already decided that we want more kids, so no matter what, Buggy will be what she already is...our second child.  We'll see what the future holds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment