Thursday, June 10, 2010

Priorities

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities--Stephen R. Covey


This was the quote I read today and it made me really go, "huh."  If you know me, then you know I'm a planner. I have my Tungsten (I really want an iphone!) and I schedule everything in it.  Everything's color coordinated so I know who is doing what and when.  My planner also has a "task" section.  Everyday I have a list of things that I would like to get done. I'm also realistic and realize that I won't get it all done, but I really, really like checking things off.

In my "to-do" list, which I update every Sunday (hello 1st born neurotic tendencies or is it OCD?) I always have a list of 100+ things I'd like to get done that week. It never happens, but I try.  Who says that being a SAHM is easy? I give myself things to do and ideas for the week. I like being busy and productive. However when does busy and productive become overwhelmed and stressed...when you literally try to check off 100+ things off your list.


So the quote from Covey has me thinking. What are my priorities and how do I schedule them?  My priorities are:

**spending time with my kids & Hubby
**having a morning devotional. I feel it really prepares me for the day. It's my time with God.
**blogging (SO cathartic!)
**working out
**making baby blankets for friends, family, and the pregnancy center

I definitely get to check off each of the above each day...it's the other things that I would like to do, and some that should be priorities that don't get checked off. Something to think about.

What are your priorities? Are you able to get to get them on a daily or weekly basis? How do you schedule your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment